Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner
21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
This is the battery process I assume eh?
Looks like I'm removing the seat swivel when this job comes up. Rats. Does anyone know if the foam piece the technician removes is the same one that came with the recall? I never installed it because the gap is covered by the RIB Scopema swivel.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 · (Edited)
Only concern for this battery backup, is I think the mercedes one (Havent pulled mine out yet) is a 12v 12a, but the duralast is 14v 14a? Their (autozone) battery checkers says "it will fit your 2017 metris" but not sure its that reliable.

Icerabbit, the mercedes one you see for $125, can you link, because the mercedes one I found is 170.

This shouldn't be this hard lol.

·
Super Moderator
Metris Cargo 135 2020
1,046 Posts
Googled based on the A number:

Next one is AutoHausAZ

Note, they're playing with cross reference numbers, but looks alike and says fits Metris. Not sure why the photo A number would be different.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
thanks icerabbit-those are different than the autozone 14v 14a thats in stock a block from my house, guess ill order the right one...wonder why autozone computer says that 14a works?
Anyway, thanks again!

·
Super Moderator
Metris Cargo 135 2020
1,046 Posts
Let us know how it works out!

For a somewhat small difference I'd look at getting the real thing as well, and be guaranteed the MB computer is happy.

When it comes to at home electronic systems, I have gone with some bigger Ah when it fits in the space. Figuring it will last longer or will be less stressed during an outage.
Older vehicles with a big space for the main battery ... as long as it starts & fits, right?
EU vehicles that monitor every little thing, I just shop around. I don't like to skimp around and have to redo it.
I used to swear by Duracell batteries ... but have had those leak new in package before their guaranteed until date.
You never know ... but having less frequent headaches to replace something by buying the right thing has its value.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
At about 1min?
Mine is a steel plate.
What was the nature of the recall?
There was a recall for a gap in the passenger seat cover. I have seat swivels so I asked the dealer if they could just give me the part. They were cool about it. The invoice showed the recall performed, but they just left the rectangle of foam and push pins on my passenger seat in the factory part bag, with no reference to my seat swivels on the invoice (which I knew they would not remove or reinstall on the recall given how little time MB would pay the tech for the job).

Reactions: icerabbit

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Let us know how it works out!

For a somewhat small difference I'd look at getting the real thing as well, and be guaranteed the MB computer is happy.

When it comes to at home electronic systems, I have gone with some bigger Ah when it fits in the space. Figuring it will last longer or will be less stressed during an outage.
Older vehicles with a big space for the main battery ... as long as it starts & fits, right?
EU vehicles that monitor every little thing, I just shop around. I don't like to skimp around and have to redo it.
I used to swear by Duracell batteries ... but have had those leak new in package before their guaranteed until date.
You never know ... but having less frequent headaches to replace something by buying the right thing has its value.
Thanks, I just ordered the official mercedes one, don't wanna mess with wrong electronics! thanks

·
Registered
21 Posts
Replaced battery today with the genuine Mercedes from AutohausAZ, the warning light is gone and I am all good. Thanks all.

Did you happen to check the voltage on your old battery? I removed my AUX battery tonight and it was ready 13v, but I'm still getting the AUX MALFUNCTION.

Just wondering if I should replace the battery even tho I'm getting 13v from it.

-Leo

·
Registered
21 Posts
Got around to replacing this today. Original battery tested @ 13v today.....

Did you happen to check the voltage on your old battery? I removed my AUX battery tonight and it was ready 13v, but I'm still getting the AUX MALFUNCTION.

Just wondering if I should replace the battery even tho I'm getting 13v from it.

-Leo

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·

-Leo
I did not check it, I just replaced. Wish I would have in hindsight haha.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I, too, have had the Auxiliary Battery Malfunction warning for a week. It has been a consistent warning each time the engine is started. The alert goes away when the "OK" button is depressed. Our 2016 Passenger Van has the "start/stop" feature. It has not worked since the warning started. When removed the battery, dated 03/16, measured 11.8 V. A fair amount of corrosion was present. A replacement has been ordered. I'll share the results in a week or so when it arrives.

21 - 40 of 46 Posts