Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Metris electric right door would not close due to "obstruction", except for the fact that there are no obstructions at all! After several attempt, it stopped working. Now it's a manual door and still wouldn't shut. I've checked all the railing and made sure no obstruction. Why??

·
Registered
147 Posts
Though I don't have electric doors, I have noticed my rear hatch door has a problem latching properly.
I suspect the tolerances are very tight and it needs to be brought to the dealer for correction.

Bob

·
Registered
43 Posts
My metris drive side electric sliding door stop working few month ago, it act funny for few day and evenly stop working, at that time the door is just stuck in the middle, can't manual open or close. I tow it to the shop since the door is half way open, I don't think is safe to drive with a half way open door and benz tech said the rail is bent and the causing motor to burn out. Took 3 week to get the van back since the parts is in Spain.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK, I had it flat bed for 200 km using Roadside assistance since I live in rural area. The dealer said it's electric sliding module malfunction.

Before I bought this van, the sales told me one of their demo had sliding door motor malfunction.

Thankfully it's under warranty. Stupid German electrical engineering!

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
If you wanted KISS concepts, I have no idea why you even considered a Mercedes. You want KISS? Buy an old Checker.

I also have no idea what anybody would ever want with a power sliding door. Whenever I get rentals with such things it drives me nuts.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just posted this problem on carcomplaints.com. Hopefully it will help other owners.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Disconnecting the battery isn't the worst thing in the world, you may just have to re-program your radio settings.

After disconnecting the battery the power sliding doors need to re-calibrate their range of motion. The first couple times you open the doors after reconnecting the battery the doors will slide all the way back until they hit the stops and then display an "obstruction detected" notification along with the warning chimes. After the first couple times the range is set and the doors open normally.

As your dealer said though this doesn't sound like a calibration problem.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts