Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I recently purchased a 2016 Metris and it's been great so far. However, my mother is elderly and has trouble climbing into the rear and passenger seats because of the ride height/lack of handles. She is also short at 4'8" so this is a double problem.

I was looking into possibly getting a low-profile RV step and installing that on the passenger side since Ive been relying on an IKEA step stool tossed in the back so far. I don't want to have to be opening the rear hatch every time she needs to climb into the car which is often since Im her caregiver.

Does anyone have any experience/recommendations for this? I have seen some 3.5" high steps that manually slide in and out and could be a good option, but I am worried about mounting and placement. I am handy and can DIY install but don't know which direction to go.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I've got these, professionally mounted, but could easily be a DIY. They're not pretty, but they are strong and functional. The web site says they do NOT fit the passenger van with rear air, but that's exactly what I have and they DO fit. Notice the driver's side is short and only provides a step at the driver's door, not the rear passenger door on that side. That is because of the rear AC lines running along that side.

https://www.realtruck.com/black-horse-spartan-running-boards/R185177P2016Y2754MA.html

1 - 3 of 3 Posts