Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

2016 Metris Fuel Supply shitty recall job

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  DKTVAV 
#1 ·
Recall detail: http://wwwapps.tc.gc.ca/Saf-Sec-Sur...ft=&ls=0&sy=0&rn=2018654&cf=SearchResult&pg=0

So I drove 250 km to Mercedes dealership in Winnipeg, MB, Canada in 2019 Feb to get this recall done. On April 9, 2019 at 09:21, my wife started the car and fuel pissed all over the place, as shown in the picture.

We found a mechanic and he found the problem: the fuel line popped out of the nipple. The fuel line and the hose clamp were the ones that were replaced by the dealership. We contacted the dealer and was told that we will have to pay for the towing because the van is out of warranty. I believe it's not true because it was stated on their recall letter that this recall will extend the warranty.

We took the van to the dealership for inspection to ensure quality work on 2019-04-22, as directed by our mechanic. Dealership says, "it's really weird" and "**** happens" and they didn't admit any fault of their own. I asked them how else it could happen, and they couldn't give an answer. Their belief was that if the fuel tube wasn't seated properly, it would have popped off right away.

The van was driven by us for about 40,000 km and it was fine. They did a recall job and we drove around 2000 km and the fuel line popped out. Had this happened on the highway, all of us would have been killed. The dealership just brushed it off like that. I am furious at the way they handle life/death matter like this and showed no recognition of their wrongdoings.

I'm laying this out there for your reading pleasure and awareness.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
I just got my van back an hour ago after they've done the repair for the recall and your post scared me a bit.

BTW, all the dealers I've been dealing with my 2 Benzs everyone is lying about adjusting the tires' pressure: they've never touched it, just put it on work order to make money (or not) either under warranty or ELW.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.