Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just incase anyone is looking for a cargo Metris with 26,111 miles. I am selling mine to make way for a new 18 Metris ?. Here is the description:
Tunja black upholstery, driver comfort package, lumbar support driver/passenger, 4keys, Becker map pilot nav, cruise, fog lamps, rear view cam, storage tray center console, premium appearance package, roof rails, cargo protection package, led strip in rear, 4 d rings, lashing rails waistline/floor, full hardboard, cold weather package, heated seats, heat insulation, windshield washer reservoir heated, AGM battery, remote open/close of windows, rear view mirror, exterior power/heated mirrors, auto climate control, electric heat, air duct to back, backup alarm, overhead control panel w/2 lamps, rear doors 270degrees, multi function wheel/display package, leather steering wheel w/ paddle shifters, hill start assist, crosswind assist, attention assist, load adaptive esp, enhanced air filtration, 7 speed trans, tpms, rear wheel drive, Bluetooth, sun visors w/mirrors, auto headlights, mudguards, german window tint, non-smoker, prepaid maintenance up to 60k, still under factory warranty, all maintenance up to date. 19” wheels w/continental dws 06 (pictured) available at additional cost otherwise original 17” alloys w/ hankook tires will come with the van.

I will be sad to see it go, but looking forward to my new one! Serious inquiries only. Located in Oklahoma City. Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
I would suggest explaining, here and in other ads, why you are selling a low mileage 2-year old fully loaded van in order to acquire a new van of the same make and model. In the vacuum of no explaination the person who is looking at your ad might assume it was a lemon. Not saying it is, don’t remember you kvetching much, just offering insight from a pro salesman.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No issues with it. Just want a differen’t color (silver). If I was gonna sell now is the time before it really gets miled up, and out of warranty. I am picky, and keep my vehicles immaculate. Yes you made a good point. I should have explained. I am currently driving it everyday until it sells, so mileage will change. It is clean, and ready to go. The dealer will put me in a sprinter until my new one gets here. Hope that helps! Thanks gm.

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
That would seem an odd reason, unless you realize that the base white color is not clear coated. I figured that out too late. That’s ok, though, because I really prefer green, so one day I’ll get the whole thing resprayed. Although for non clear coated paint, besides hilariously bad resistance to stone chips, it’s holding up pretty well.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Silver is easier to keep clean, and I also want leatherette. I didn’t depriciate mine out, just doing mileage. I love my van, and am in it right now. It is a great vehicle.
Interesting treatment of the rear section above the tail lights. I note you have barn doors and the painted bumper bars...don't they paint the black area above the tail lights ?

·
Registered
81 Posts
We ordered our passenger van with the split (180°) dual rear doors because the single hatch door would not clear our garage opening. We also ordered it with non-painted bumpers because we rather like the appearance, at least in front. But from what I can tell, if you have the non-painted bumpers, and the split rear doors, you get those panels above the rear tail lights in black. Which I do think looks weird, and out of place - but I guess I'll get used to it. Though this photo I found might be for the worker passenger model, while we ordered the upscale passenger. We'll see when it arrives in January if those two panels are painted or not.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I have decided to leave the GLE wheels, and Conti’s w/3k miles on the van. They are included now. Don’t have time to swap wheels / tpms, and don’t want to risk scratching them up.

·
Registered
483 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yes, getting silver with black leatherette. I have enjoyed mine so much, that I ordered another. Hopefully it will be here in February. They are building it Dec 10th. :grin:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts