Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if the 19" AMG wheels you can fit on say, a GLC300 would fit onto a Metris?

If so, what tire should I get on them?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have GLK wheels which direct fit, so it must fit. For tire size tire calculator online is your friend.
In my case at least 5 tire places told me that they won't put it on because it will not fit .
Many people don't know and just refuse to learn.

·
Registered
943 Posts
I'll find the pic where I fit 20's on mine while it was in the shop. Yup they fit. Do I want them, no way.

Attachments

·
Registered
525 Posts
I'll find the pic where I fit 20's on mine while it was in the shop. Yup they fit. Do I want them, no way.
Curious why you dont want them? is it the tire size/ride quality/look or just the style of that wheel? I'll be upgrading my stock cargo wheels in the spring...don't know which path I'll take but saw some great looking options from a few German tuner makers.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have GLK wheels which direct fit, so it must fit. For tire size tire calculator online is your friend.
In my case at least 5 tire places told me that they won't put it on because it will not fit .
Many people don't know and just refuse to learn.
thanks!

·
Banned
2,743 Posts
I'm sure it's a question of bling versus stealth and utility. Big wheels are delicate and blingy, generally provide a rougher ride, more noise, and limited improvement in handling, not to mention a huge increase in cost (for buying the wheels and replacing the less durable, more expensive tires more often).

You ain't going to get much better handling from a near 2.5 ton van shaped like a Metris without an active suspension. The wheels are an asthetic choice, and seeing as Robb went with black bumpers and white paint, I don't think he is trying to stand out too much.

·
Registered
943 Posts
The aesthetic I was going for was sorta commercial. When u camp in the woods, I won't worry about scratching the painted bumper. My buddy has a W212 on 20's. I drove it when I did his alignment and the ride (although it had sport springs, lowered slightly) was terrible. Terrible. I hit a decent pothole and the noise it made was bad. Just not enough sidewall. I've had all manner of slammed dailys, but these days I don't want to worry about a thing. I also see SO many aftermarket wheels cracked due to impact. Stock MB wheels bend, but hold up decently.
I would like some nicer wheels beyond the CLA 17's, but 18's at the biggest.

Almost all newer Benz wheels will fit.

·
Registered
525 Posts
I figures it was along those lines, but wanted to hear what you'd have to say. Good deal. As from me and my MC, we're going 19" non-oem.

·
Registered
943 Posts
I'd be too worried about potholes to run 20's, but those look really good!
Oh yeah, believe me I'd never do it (with those wheels at least). Was just a test fit as the owning vehicle was next to my van in the shop.

·
Registered
943 Posts
No, just burnouts. Ever wonder what we mean when we say "rotate the tires" >:D Especially with all the ponies under the hood

·
Registered
27 Posts
Stopped at the best tire shop in the San Francisco Bay Area, when I asked them about putting the biggest off-road tire on my Metris cargo they said, let's try several sizes and see which ones fit...no charge. The biggest possible size is 235/60 R17. I ended up getting the Cooper Discoverer A/T 3

The shop is in San Jose, California "ADDS" wheels

Attachments

1 - 20 of 22 Posts