Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just did a six-day 2300-mile road trip, and I've noticed the rear AC is inordinately loud. The front AC is more up to current standards, but that rear fan behind the third row just blows up a storm back there.

I don't think this is particular to my van, I've noticed this in others I drove. I guess I'm sensitive to noise.

Anybody have any idea how to quiet that down, or better yet make it silent? I know this is not like off the shelf PC parts, but I'm hoping somebody somewhere figured out how to make that rear fan less intrusive.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Passenger
2,204 Posts
Tried it last night, the rear won’t go off. It’s everything off or nothing.

It's a bit different how you do it. You hit the button and then turn the fan down and then one more time. Are you able to adjust the rear fan speed by hitting the rear button and adjusting the speed?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I read this hint on line and it has worked for my 2019 Metris Passenger van. Cold start - start the van, Hit the Rear Button Within 10 seconds, turn fan off ( not seeing any bar on display) . Rear AC will stay off after blinking stops. Hope this works for you.

·
Super Moderator
Metris Cargo 135 2020
1,046 Posts
Welcome to MetrisForum, Bob :)

I read this hint on line and it has worked for my 2019 Metris Passenger van. Cold start - start the van, Hit the Rear Button Within 10 seconds, turn fan off ( not seeing any bar on display) . Rear AC will stay off after blinking stops. Hope this works for you.

·
Registered
25 Posts
So I just did a six-day 2300-mile road trip, and I've noticed the rear AC is inordinately loud. The front AC is more up to current standards, but that rear fan behind the third row just blows up a storm back there.

I don't think this is particular to my van, I've noticed this in others I drove. I guess I'm sensitive to noise.

Anybody have any idea how to quiet that down, or better yet make it silent? I know this is not like off the shelf PC parts, but I'm hoping somebody somewhere figured out how to make that rear fan less intrusive.
Hi,
1. Hold the HVAC "REAR" button until the LED starts blinking.
2. Turn the FAN off, or to a lower setting.
3. The blinking LED will time out, or press REAR again to exit the rear HVAC control mode.

My whole van is noisy. The front HVAC fan is and has been loud for the almost five years I've had Vito, but it is not getting any louder.
When I'm alone I use noise cancelling buds. They take out some noise but emergency vehicles sirens and auto horns come through fine.

·
Super Moderator
Metris Cargo 135 2020
1,046 Posts
Hi,
1. Hold the HVAC "REAR" button until the LED starts blinking.
2. Turn the FAN off, or to a lower setting.
3. The blinking LED will time out, or press REAR again to exit the rear HVAC control mode.

My whole van is noisy. The front HVAC fan is and has been loud for the almost five years I've had Vito, but it is not getting any louder.
When I'm alone I use noise cancelling buds. They take out some noise but emergency vehicles sirens and auto horns come through fine.
Really? Have you ever had it evaluated? Because I can barely hear mine on a typical day. Unless I really crank to top speed.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts