Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi, I have a 2016 passenger model 126" and have a custom built tool rack down the passenger side. I regularly carry sheets of plywood (easily 4-5 sheets of 3/4") vertically, but slightly tilted over to accommodate the height. I believe there is more clearance with the cargo versions, but it is possible with the passenger by tilting it over, conveniently onto the rack that I have built in there... here is an old image with some tool storage also on the left, which I have since removed for increased flexibility.

View attachment 18076
Looks like a big assed resto-mod espresso machine with the 2 dials. Great idea!!! (I know, compressor)

·
Registered
Metris Cargo 135 2020
375 Posts
To update this thread with an answer to my particular question regarding 126 or 135 and distance from the factory partition to the rear doors and fitting sheets of 4x8 dimension standing up:

I did purchase a 135, and at the " shoulder line ", from the rearmost shape of the partition = bottom of the glazing measure towards a vertical line dropping from the top inside area of rear doors, there is 99 " of length towards the rear.

So, vertical fitting of sheets with the partition is not an issue in the Metris 135.

Lower down there is some more space. If you don't need the 4 ft of vertical height you can get an extra inch for sure, and there is some extra space the lower down one goes on the partition taper. The lower half of the cargo doors is vertical and they don't go all the way to the edge of the plywood ... part of that plastic sill is open for storage.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts