Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well, I did some more AliExpress tuning today. Not as fancy as Pounce's seat table, but nice nonetheless. I took a chance on an AENVTOL Canbus Interior LED set (Vito W447 15-18 11P, White 6000K) for about $12 USD.

▶ For Vito W447 2015-2018 (11PCS)
Package include:
2 x LED Front Dome & Map
4 x LED Rear Dome & Map
2 x LED Vanity mirror light
3 x LED Trunk Light
1 x Installation tool

Really happy with the front vanity mirror replacements. The kit came with a pry tool and enough lights for a passenger van. Picture below shows the color and brightness difference for my visor vanity lights (LED on right. duh). So you ask why did I get vanity lights on a cargo van? Shaving in cold weather, of course!

I also replaced the side rear cargo lamp with an LED. It took some work to pry out and pry apart, but easy enough with a little care. I haven't attacked the overhead console lights but will. I find the map light terribly dim for my sunburnt California retinae.

I am hoping I can replace the multiple LEDs in the optioned "LC2 LED light strip in rear compartment" as they look weak at about 3000K, but I am not optimistic about access.

Highly recommended. Can't see why they won't last long term. BTW, removing the vanity lights was easy and will let me fish the OEM-look dash cam wire down to the EK1 pretty easily without dropping the headliner.

Car Fixture Vehicle Vehicle door Personal luxury car

·
Registered
Metris Cargo 135 2020
647 Posts
Cool find.

Is it a lot brighter? Perhaps annoyingly so, if a person is somewhat light sensitive?

I also wonder how warm their warm white version really is relative to the 6000k version?
As their photos are very white, orange and blue across the three temps.

And, I will have to look how many bulbs my rather basic cargo actually takes. One lamp in the cargo driver side and a long led strip across the doors; which I just augmented with led strips snaking over most of the ceiling.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I followed your lead as I’m about to embark on a Winter sound insulation project…may as well upgrade the bulbs.

For better or worse, I’ve now entered into the AliExpress universe!
Enjoy, but please avoid the "Maybach" front end replacements!

Reactions: Claytonroy

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cool find.

Is it a lot brighter? Perhaps annoyingly so, if a person is somewhat light sensitive?

I also wonder how warm their warm white version really is relative to the 6000k version?
As their photos are very white, orange and blue across the three temps.

And, I will have to look how many bulbs my rather basic cargo actually takes. One lamp in the cargo driver side and a long led strip across the doors; which I just augmented with led strips snaking over most of the ceiling.
The Ali visor and side lamps are not at all too bright, kinda just right for me. Admittedly I have too many lights in my cargo, but that gives me flexibility. The pic below shows 10 of the 12. You can't see the two "garage" lights in the lower rear quarter. The rearmost 4 lights are on a BSM DeckHand dimmer. There are two over the cabin (for the driver and pass seats when swiveled) on a Facon dimmer. Then I have two at the side door "entry," and two over the driver's side "galley." Those groupings are all separately switched. The DeckHand has two dimmers one near the side door entry visible in the pic and one at the passenger rear next to the passenger garage light switch. The gooseneck lamps (one shown on top of pass upper quarter panel) have built in switches.

You can also see the color temperature difference in the factory driver side cargo light (left) and the 6400K Amazon "cool white" headliner LEDs. With the replacement Ali bulb the lights look the same color.

Vehicle Motor vehicle Car Air travel Interior design

Reactions: river
1 - 5 of 5 Posts