Mercedes-Benz Metris Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Exactly 1 month since i got my Metris. recap of my review.
-Put 4900k miles in one month.
-Had an early cluster glitch right after taking it out. took it back they put me in another Metris loaner.
- Dealer order new cluster from Germany. dealer was very helpful and professional through out.
-Added convex mirrors on my side it is a must for the cargo version . i bought a 6$ two pair and sticked them on the lower outside corner and i would say they saved my life . next model years should really come out with better side mirrors like the sprinters.
-added MLV ( mass loaded vinyl) on wall of cargo which greatly reduce vibration and road noise. it is much quieter now.
- Constantly get about 26 mpg 90% highway.
- Bluethooth is not the best . it works fine on my side but people have hard time hearing me or mostly echoing
- My advice . if buying cargo van with no windows at the back get the back up camera. it is very helpful. my loaner comes with backup camera and it was great.
over all. i am stratified with the build quality(for 25k$) and how it handles , accelerates and capabilities .

·
Registered
151 Posts
-added MLV ( mass loaded vinyl) on wall of cargo which greatly reduce vibration and road noise. it is much quieter now.
Thanks arki, agree with your review points.
What did you use for MLV, and how did you apply it? Did you adhere it to the sides, or suspend it? I'm on a personal quest to get as much silence as possible out of a rolling tuna can :grin:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi Arki,

Wish I can see your post earlier =)

I had 5 Sprinters ... and like your ex-trucks, transmission dies around 60000 miles-90000 miles, and slip to the state it cant be driven out at around 100K miles (160,000 km where our extended warranty usually ends).

Which makes me think the transmission on these NA spec Sprinter are not the one seen in Euro/Asia.

Its exclusively maturely driven by me, never revved. And never carry anything more than 3000 lbs. Never towed. So I don't understand what I am getting... If i knew, I would stay with my GM/Chevys with the big V8.

Its so hard for me to call Mercedes reliable anymore these days... I had a dozen of other new Mercedes too... no luck as well.

Which means my brand new Metris too... now on the fifth month, and transmission is dropping out at highway speed is no fun with full van of kids. And its been repeatably happening.

·
Registered
82 Posts
If it's already happening in the fifth month, you can try taking it to your dealership. It should still be covered by warranty.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Hi Arki,

Wish I can see your post earlier =)

I had 5 Sprinters ... and like your ex-trucks, transmission dies around 60000 miles-90000 miles, and slip to the state it cant be driven out at around 100K miles (160,000 km where our extended warranty usually ends).
Uh, where does Arki say anything about transmissions? :crying:

I had a dozen of other new Mercedes too... no luck as well.
Wait, you've had 17 Mercedes products all with same issues and no help from the dealer you've spent well over half a million dollars with? Maybe you shouldn't buy from Boris's Badinuff Import Beamers, Benz and Borschit anymore? >:D

·
Registered
9 Posts
Uh, where does Arki say anything about transmissions? :crying:

Wait, you've had 17 Mercedes products all with same issues and no help from the dealer you've spent well over half a million dollars with? Maybe you shouldn't buy from Boris's Bad Import Beamers, Benz and Borschit anymore? >:D
Thats another nice welcome post lol :grin:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
HI All
i don't have any issue than the cluster and like i said it is getting replaced with no cost to me. besides that i still like my Metris . even though i must have had a bad luck this month (just got rear ended today) .
the company i work with has couple of sprinters , ford transit and and ram promaster. which i got to use from time to time .thus it helped me on my decision to go with Mercedes . because all of our fords transit transmission gave up between 70 to 130k all of them . the sprinters are still running strong. so over all even though i got some hurdles.i am still happy with my Metris decision and will not hesitate to buy it again.

"Thanks arki, agree with your review points.
What did you use for MLV, and how did you apply it? Did you adhere it to the sides, or suspend it? I'm on a personal quest to get as much silence as possible out of a rolling tuna can "
Parsi.
will take picture and upload them tomorrow . the MLV is really easy to use just peal and attach to the panel you want and just use a roller to take the air out very simple to use probably took me less than 1 hour and about 140 $ for 30sqf of MLV and add a thermo foam on top of it to keep the cargo compartment cool. now there is no panel vibration sound what so ever in the back and reduced the road noise drastically

1 - 9 of 9 Posts